Morgan and Jenny were living one perfectly happy life... and then one day they decided to spice it up with some crunching, chewing, barking, little fun. So get comfy, make yourself at home, and enjoy our little blog of chips and dip (o)..

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jenny's One-Man Band

The following is an extremely abbreviated list of things that Jenny has done for me since I broke my leg:
  1. Help me walk
  2. Take Chipson out to go potty (including during her bloody-diarrhea giardia episode that had her up every hour on the hour in the middle of the night for a few days)
  3. Clean up after Chipson when she doesn't make it outside in time
  4. Clean the house
  5. Make breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I can't even make cereal without making a mess and working up a sweat from hopping around the kitchen)
  6. Get me things to drink when I'm upstairs, downstairs, or on the couch
  7. Carry everything for me (I can't even scratch my nose and walk at the same time because of my crutches)
  8. Drive us everywhere (to the hospital, to Spokane, to the grocery store, everywhere)
  9. Help me bathe
  10. Help me pack my stuff for our recent trip to Spokane
  11. Load everything into the car for our recent trip to Spokane
  12. Do my laundry (although I have been able to at least fold my clothes)
  13. Help me navigate rough terrain
  14. Feed Chipson every morning and evening
  15. Get the mail
  16. Bring me my vicodin
  17. Constantly ask, "What can I do for you?"
  18. Organize little picnics and trips to the park so we can get out of the house
  19. Play with Chipson since I lost my speed
  20. Make the bed every morning
  21. Buy birthday presents for family members
  22. Take Chipson for walks
  23. Rub my legs when they get sore (my left one because it carries the burden of my whole body, and my right one because it has to hold my up right foot off the ground all the time)
  24. Work from home so she can attend to my every need
  25. Hold me when I'm sad because I can't do stuff

The list goes on and on and on and on and on. Obviously, there is a lot to do when you need to take care of yourself, one puppy, and one immobilized husband. But with a superwoman like Jenny, you'd think it was just another day in the life. I love her lots.

3 comments:

  1. I am REALLY not that awesome, you just think so because I keep giving you your drugs.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing I have ever read, and I hope to have it myself one day. Congrats to you and your happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... You guys make such a great couple. Jenny is awesome, and it's great to see she has such an appreciative husband. Hope you heal quickly, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete